Thank you for your time, I’m Councillor Adrian Raedel, and I’m the Moreton Bay Regional Councillor for Division 12.
To cut straight to it, at the next council election – I intend to stand for the position of Mayor – a Mayor for the whole region.
I have been a Councillor for over 10-years now, and over this time I have built up extensive experience right across our community. But more importantly, I have formed a vision for the future of this region – our region.
This vision is all about a better lifestyle, which includes:
• You having a greater say in local issues, by council being more accessible to you.
• Better maintenance and presentation of local parks and gardens.
• A more proactive approach to road maintenance and repairs.
• A much more open and innovative approach to infrastructure planning and implementation, through consulting properly with the community, key stakeholders and industry experts (this directly effects our future lifestyle in real terms).
• As your mayor, I will create real local jobs in our region – through encouraging innovation and getting behind growth stimulating projects. Projects such as The Mill at Moreton Bay (also known as the Moreton Bay University project), the Redcliffe Dolphins Rugby League Club being recognised in the National Rugby League as the Moreton Bay Dolphins and the Moreton Bay International Convention Centre to be built in the Caboolture district.
• Also, through instigating region wide events that take advantage of the Pine Rivers, Redcliffe and Caboolture strengths – to bring the whole community together and elevate the Moreton Bay Region as a destination.
From Bellthorpe to Bribie Island, Redcliffe to Ocean View and Mt Glorious to the Hill District – I have a vision with a plan that will see you part of a better and more inclusive lifestyle.
You might be asking, why am I now announcing my intentions to nominate to be elected as Mayor at the next council election.
After much deliberation with my family, friends and the wider community – I have formed the view that now is the time to stand up and be counted.
As a region, there are a-number-of decisions to be made on the horizon that will have implications on us all well into the future.
And I want to ensure that you are part of this process, this future belongs to us all.
To give this vision my full commitment, I have resigned from my position as the council Spokesperson for Corporate Services. This gives me the ability to take a much more independent approach on your behalf.
Over the last 10-years, I have held more than 600 mobile offices out in the community and plan to do many more. This is just one example of my commitment to serving you as a Councillor, and how I will serve you as Mayor.
Cr Adrian Raedel.